It has almost been a fortnight since the super blood wolf moon ushered in the WolfspellKickstarter. Much has happened these past two weeks. We have funded! We revealed a work-in-progress mock-up of what the actual album jacket will look like. We were named one of Kickstarter’s “Projects We Love.” We were briefly mentioned in Morrus’ Unofficial Tabletop RPG Talk podcast. And of course, featured over on Geek & Sundry!
We have also had a couple Wolfspell adventures over on the ActualPlay Twitch channel, which you can enjoy as well.Read More
Shel Kahn has just given us our first glimpse at what the final Wolfspell will look like. The art on the cover is still a work in progress, but look at how it’s progressing! Imagine this beast standing before you, one foot tall and a powerful three feet long!
Join Shel and me this Sunday morning at 11 AM EST on the ActualPlay Twitch channel where we’ve been invited to play a swift, two-hour game of Wolfspell.
But also, look at that album jacket and rush over to the Kickstarter before time runs out!
...and in its shadow slinks the Wolfspell Kickstarter.
On January 20th, a confluence of astronomical events will bring about the Super Blood Wolf Moon, a total lunar eclipse and an auspicious moment to launch our Wolfspell Kickstarter for the first tabletop roleplaying game printed on an album cover!Read More
If learning is the process of failing until you don't, then this next episode is all about Eppy "learning" to juggle a ball.
Andy Berdan joins me for the latest installment of Person Teaches Eppy About Thing wherein I giggle a lot as I drop my ball and root around for it on screen.Read More
The return of Worlds Without Master!
Issue 11 is a glorious 40-page PDF including:
- "The Shape of the World," a tale of sorcerous rivalry, ancient love and death by Epidiah Ravachol.
- "The Spirits of the Forest Apes," another monstrous tale of Kassmamon the Ranger by Dylan Craine.
- Illustrations by Dagmara Matuszak, Tina X Filic and Jabari Weathers.
- The next installment of Rachel Kahn's comic of shifting form Wolf Neighbours.
- Amazons, a game of adventure and devotion by Vincent Baker.
- A miscellany of far off sights and portents.
- And full-color cover art by Tawny Fritzinger.
Just as not all tales need to be drawn out into epic trilogies; not all short stories need a full dozen pages in Worlds Worlds Without Master. Some need but a few paragraphs to tell their tale.Read More
You awake with a sword pinning your naked thigh to the dewy ground, the salty-copper taste of blood on your tongue.
51% Draw the sword. 49% Regret life choices.
Thus begins a game/story/adventure/experiment I'm partaking in over on Twitter. The Tale of the Wavering Path uses Twitter's new poll feature to let the readers vote on where they wish to wander in the story.Read More
At very long last, Issue 10 has been released! Bound within this 42-page PDF tome you will discover:
- "Because I Clasp the Clouds As Mine," a tale of a shifting identity by Osmond Arnesto.
- "The Hoard of Yengra," a tale of commerce and justice by Epidiah Ravachol.
- Illustrations by Wendy Martin, Vlada Monakhova, and Tiffany Turrill.
- Another installment of Bryant Paul Johnson's comic Oh, the Beating Drum!
- The Dread Geas of Duke Vulku, a game of horror and wonder based on the game Dread by the original author, Epidiah Ravachol.
- A miscellany of delays and distractions for any journey.
- And full-color cover art by Jabari Weathers.
It could be that you are here, perusing this very page, because a companion showed you a certain post on The Guardian's website about the joys of reading roleplaying games. Or you are here because a fellow adventurer wishes to dig into this new game they have unearthed. Or you have found your way here through your own unguided and unprovoked exploration. I will not question your ways.
You have come seeking wonder and adventure...Read More
The auspex have been read. The bones, cast. We can no longer turn from the path the wyrds have laid before us. Out of the icy north a stoic outlaw and skald treads our way—soon to cast his prodigious shadow upon our door.
Issue seven of Worlds Without Master will feature, for the first time, a brand new Barbarian Lord tale!Read More